The mission of the Storyteller’s Illustrated Dictionary is to help children write creative stories all by themselves. It supports children in the 6 - 13 age range to use better vocabulary in their narrative writing and storytelling.
Over time, children will learn to write more creatively and become better storytellers by consulting the dictionary, as it widens their vocabulary. This helps them develop into independent learners who are happy to step outside their comfort zone to create better and more innovative stories.
- Most illustrations than any other dictionary.
- Drawn by a team of Hollywood artists.
- Each word is accompanied by word pairs to give grammatical context and storytelling ideas.
- The most comprehensive list of storytelling words describing character, weather, taste and smell, action, emotion, setting, of any illustrated dictionary on the market.
- Provides opportunities for serendipitous discovery of words.
- Builds word consciousness and a love of words.
The hardcover illustrated dictionary covers 4230 words, 1,293 words are illustrated.
Divided into 6 themes (character, weather, taste and smell, action, emotions, settings)
1. Fully illustrated words (312) accompanied by a definition and sample sentence
2. Non-illustrated word lists in themes (1248)
3. Illustrated noun pages (981) accompanied by 3 word-pair examples
4. Word Pair Glossary: contains 1768 unique definitions of word noun pairs