Whilst we cannot claim to be a specific SEN program, we have had a lot of fantastic feedback from children with SEN issues. The engaging images and the short chunking of information (a word a day taught with an exercise which only takes a few minutes to finish) make our program feel like fun rather than work. For children with memory difficulties, or low literacy it helps to repeat the words - our cards and reference binder offer plenty of opportunity for repetition and building an oral vocabulary is key to increasing confidence and skill. Our focus on humorous illustrations minimizes the stress involved in reading and writing and allows children to engage directly with meanings. We recommend that SENCos or supportive teachers order an individual set to use with small groups and 1:1.
Articles in this section
- How can schools and teachers use Mrs Wordsmith in the classroom?
- What's included in a classroom set?
- What US grades do you recommend this for?
- Does it support the common core (US) curriculum?
- How many sets should I buy?
- Is the school program a digital or physical product?
- Is your product suitable for Special Education Needs?
- I'd like to work/partner with you, who should I get in touch with?
- Do you offer a discount for home educators and teachers?
- Do you offer samples/trial products?